Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Beginning...

I suppose all blogs must start somewhere. I have tried writing blogs before and failed but I feel now is the right time to put my thoughts down and do so willingly and often.

My name is Hillarie. As of this writing I am 40 years old. I have been married to my Love, Dan for a bit over 9 years. We have 3 sons...Connor is nearly 9, Avery is 6 1/2, and Devinn is 5. 

Our lives have been blessed in many, many ways over our time together but the last 3 have been challenging to the point of breaking us many times over.

My husband is 50 years old and dying of liver cancer. IF his grossly enlarged spleen doesnt take him first that is. That issue is due to the chemo but we'll go through all of that later.

Just know we are imperfect people doing our best in an awful situation. My writing will not be perfect but it will be mine. My comments will not express those of my husband, just mine. 

What follows is what started our journey and what will end it. I promise honesty and love but I do not promise happy endings or positive, uplifting posts at all times. Im sure there will be happy ones but there will be many dark ones because this subject is not a happy, light filled one.

I hope you find something in my words that you can take and apply to your life or something that will help you understand those on similar journeys. If you take away nothing but this than I will be happy....life is a journey not a destination and the road has never been, nor never will be smooth. Enjoy each and every bump along the way and find the bliss in even the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment